Friday, August 5, 2011

Yo Ho Ho and a Bottle of Rum

A slight delay but.... on July 27th I ventured to Sitges, Spain. Sitges is where THE Mr. Bacardi originated before he ventured west, although it's not where Bacardi is produced. To quote one of the Bacardians, "It's not where you make your rum, it's how you make your rum." It was a quick little spiel of clever marketing before we got down to mojito business.
A member of the Bacardi family talking about aging and blah blah blah. I like to call this man "future husband." 
They take their mojito making seriously, calling for 8 mint leaves that you slap against your hand to release the flavor. I started laughing. They're serious.
Straight from the horse's mouth.
I enjoyed my mojito with eight slapped mint leaves out here.
After Casa de Bacardi, I had a couple of hours to explore Sitges and walk along the water.
Download and enlarge boys, a topless beach. 
Spaniards are so economical, these boys shared a cigarette!

1 comment:

EcoGrrl said...

beautiful BLUE water...ahhh....