Monday, August 15, 2011

Made it to Venice

On August 13th, Mizz S and I took a two-hour flight from Bucharest to Venice. As neither of us had been to Venice before, we decided to overnight there before heading out for points east (Slovenia then Croatia being our plan). Our hotel was not in Venice but, rather, on mainland in Marghera. After a short bus ride as stowaways, we were looking at the canals and wandering the small streets. 
Trying to take pictures and I realized we were totally in the way. Mizz S was making me laugh with comments like "work it" and "make love to the camera."
An unplanned purchase but one I couldn't walk away from- a Murano glass bowl that I bought right off Piazza San Marco (you know, right where the prices are real cheap).
Piazza San Marco.
Genuine, authentic Italian graffiti.
Ok, it's official: I love my camera.

3 comments:

Corinne said...

What amazing photos! I miss Italy and Venice so bad I can taste it.

EcoGrrl said...

and what kind of camera are you shooting with? looks like a blast. funny though the pic of you it's so "italy" that it almost looks like a fake backdrop :)

jaymo said...

That's officially a beautiful photo...go, girl