Saturday, August 27, 2011

I got the hurricane blues.

Seven weeks on the road and I was gettin' real real anxious to get back to family and clean clothes and staying put for a minute.

My flight on August 28th was gonna be hellacious: Istanbul to JFK to Baltimore (overnight) then Baltimore to Salt Lake to Rock Springs, Wyoming.

Then Hurricane Irene interrupted my regularly scheduled planning. Flights canceled. And the Delta office here in Istanbul is closed weekends.

My agenda as it stands now is to check out of my splurge hotel (Grand Hyatt) in the morning as planned, then get to the airport and try to get on standby. I am prepared to camp out.

3 comments:

EcoGrrl said...

what a whirlwind trip! seems like you've been going a mile a minute!! hope your adventure was all that you'd hoped for :)

Jaymo said...

I'm pulling for you! Your trip has been great so far, when you ever do get home it'll be sweet, no doubt!

Corinne said...

Hope you get home soon! Although, more time in Istanbul means more baba ghanoush, right? There is a bright side here...mmm, Turkish food.