Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Oh, Spanish Guitars!

Rather than leaving it to fate to find some interesting cultural things to do, I looked up the Barcelona Tourism website. From there I linked and linked and found an evening with Barcelona Duo de Guitarra, a man and woman who play classical Spanish guitar. I attended the rather intimate show last night, the setting at Iglesia de Santa Anna couldn't have been more perfect.
The show lasted over an hour with a couple of encores. I linked to a video of them playing on YouTube (click on their name in the first paragraph) but, I have to say, they sound much more beautiful in person. I don't know if it was just the ambience of the 15th century church, or if it was the warm Spanish night, or if it was something in the air from all the couples surrounding me, but last night had a magical quality about it.


1 comment:

EcoGrrl said...

possibly my favorite post of yours thus far...love it!