Friday, July 29, 2011

Dinner in Barca

First, I apologize for talking about a meal with no accompanying photos.

Second, yesterday was a special commemorative day for me but I was feeling none too celebratory. But today I treated myself to that dinner that I'd planned to have yesterday. I went to a resto that serves traditional Catalan food, Origens. (They's got food pics!)

Lastly, my eats.

Salad: figs, goat cheese, roasted almonds, walnuts and hazelnuts, vinaigrette, and mixed greens. The mixed greens were a little too "weeds from the neighborhood park" for my liking but the rest of the recipe made up for it.

Main: baked rabbit with rosemary, along with stewed tomatoes, potatoes and onions.

Dessert: cava with lemon sorbet. This was a like a traditional float but oh so much better. And perhaps I am a rube but prior to my visit here, I was unknowledgeable about cava- essentially the champagne of Catalonia.

A treat: the adorable waitress with the sides of her head shaven brought me a little glass of mistela- a sweet dessert wine almost like a brandy....sort of. I know it may sound silly but this waitress's little gesture almost made me cry.

No comments: