Friday, July 29, 2011

And we're walking, we're walking.

Yesterday I planned to venture to Montjuic- a large hill here in Barcelona. Initially I'd planned to subway it there but as it was a lovely day and my running has gone to pure crap, I opted to walk. Here's my entire path from yesterday.
On Montjuic, there are the Olympic swimming venues, as well as beautiful parks and, most notably, the Catalonia National Museum of Art (MNAC).
My plan was to enjoy time on Montjuic, then spend a leisurely afternoon strolling the museum and then enjoy the setting sun and take some pictures from its magnificent lookout. Alas, after looking at a millenium's worth (seriously, they have art from the 1100s) of crucifixions and crying Madonnas, I was done. So this picture is as close to sunset from Montjuic as it got for me.
Although there was one piece of art in MNAC that made me smile. This piece was quite large, about 8 feet by 8 feet.
"I'm with stupid."

3 comments:

EcoGrrl said...

oh dude that made me laugh out loud...couldn't have timed it better...

Sarah said...

Thanks Eco- made me laugh too. The other caption coulda been, "Who farted?"

sari g said...

Me three!!!!
Sarah - I think we have a new business venture...lets take classic art (or even not so classic) and make "I'm with Stupid" T-shirts out of them...like this one!! Id totally buy it!!!