Sunday, November 20, 2011

Roadtrip to Cairns starts NOW

Cozying up to sweet some bandwidth hasn't exactly happened since I've been in Canberra. Posts about Tomerong and (now) Canberra are in the lineup but they're not happening today. Instead, I am >this close< to hitting the open road and beginning my 3000ish kilometer roadtrip to Cairns; although, in truth, I will likely go beyond Cairns to Port Douglas where I am told the town is 'cruisier' and checking out the Great Barrier Reef is better. I'm giving myself 2 weeks to drive up there- certainly more than enough time but I plan to lollygag. First stops: Blue Mountains and the Hunter Valley. Yes, Sarah is going through wine country. Watch the news.
My sweet ride. Toyota Corolla Hatchback. Not too shabby for the econo car.

2 comments:

EcoGrrl said...

Excellent, missed u! Driving on the left...have fun with that hehe

Sarah said...

Thanks Eco! I miss posting. I feel a little 'loooost innnnnn spaaaaaace' - and free wifi at "Macca's" (Aussie term for McDonald's) is limited to 50 MB. I can't even upload ONE pic. :( I gotta figure this shite out.