Sunday, October 23, 2011

Finally a Pic-Worthy Eat

I think I'm back in Barcelona mode where I'm hardly eating. While I wouldn't mind attributing this to my delicate and dainty nature (ahem), truth of the matter is it's flippin' pricey to eat here. A small appetizer and a glass of house white easily runs 30 bucks. And none of the food, thus far, has been stupendous. Until today. I was so happy to have The Observer Burger (without the bun) brought to my table at The Observer Hotel in The Rocks neighborhood of Sydney. And it was only 16 dollars. (Yes folks, a cheap burger is 16 bucks and I was glad for it.)
To quaff? (Feel free to use that on Words With Friends.) Ever since Pula, Croatia I have been on the look-out for a light pear or apple cider. I've yet to find one, until today. Thank you Monteith's.
Rounding out my date night, sans date, I treated myself to the movies. The Hunter stars Willem Dafoe (a man I am slightly embarrassed to admit to having had a crush on at one time- I think it was the Platoon days) as he is on Tasmania looking for an elusive tiger, the last of its kind. SPOILER ALERT: he finds it. He kills it.

3 comments:

EcoGrrl said...

1) first i thought you were having a fried egg with fries, didn't see the burger. sixteen bucks? christ!

2) god i love pear cider. drink of choice all 6 weeks of summer we had.

3) willem dafoe terrifies me, of course i first saw him in a david lynch flick. kills the tiger eh? classy. does he kill himself for killing the last tiger? ahh i'm feeling snarky today...

4) still jealous. sitting here at home sick all weekend. are there cute boys anywhere?? :)

Sarah said...

1) I realized that too. I was gonna do some creative graphics with an arrow pointing "mooooo" but opted not to.
2) And it was best because it wasn't SWEET. I have a hard time finding good cider in the US. Brands, dear?
3) He killed it to protect it. He cried.
4) Stop being sick! ;) Cute boys....um, I think it's the accent, I just can't get past the accent. Makes me cuss in my head.

EcoGrrl said...

Ace Cider is at the pub by my house and then New Seasons sells a pear hard cider made in WA that I was inhaling at home, and then we have some at the office (yes I love my job) that I'll have to check the name of.

Yeah I can understand but just think- revenge is sweeeeet and I'm sure you're gettin' lotsa looks chica! :)

Sickness SUCKS. So I said eff it and did a ton of stuff today while hacking in a quite sexy way. Right ON!