Friday, October 28, 2011

Afternoon at the Beach

Well I made it south of Sydney to the little town of Tomerong where I am WWOOFing with a woman named Evelyn. I'll post about that in a day or two, but first.... after a morning bustling around the yard, today Evelyn dropped me off at a beach near Vincentia which is on the coast of Jervis Bay. While the temperatures have been, I am told, unseasonably cool, it was still enjoyable to get out to the beach and do some beach combing.

That steep cliff far out on the horizon is the northern edge of the entry to Jervis Bay. There's a lighthouse on it.
A pretty little shell, super purple and shiny on the inside. So I took a pic. Then I found another. And another. Then some more. I left with five of the prettiest. I'll probably tote them around for a bit then get frustrated with the packing/unpacking of my backpack. But I hope I keep them.
Smooth sailing!
Up next on the agenda? Tomorrow night the little township of Tomerong (a few hundred households) has its monthly (or quarterly, I don't remember) Community Night. There's an open mic, it's a potluck and, this time, they're bringing in a karaoke machine. I'm looking forward to it. And for some reason, I keep thinking of Northern Exposure.

3 comments:

EcoGrrl said...

i love it!! keep the shells - stuff them in a pocket or something so you forget they are there. when i went to the english coast there were only silly things in the gift shops and my shells were the only souvenirs besides pix that i brought back. lovely!

EcoGrrl said...

Just got your postcard, love it! thanks!! ;)

jaymo said...

Northern Exposure...sounds completely appropriate! Hope you enjoy your stay there, love the way you're immersing yourself in the local scene.