Sunday, December 4, 2011

I Be Trib'ing

Captain Cook didn't like Cape Tribulation; that's why he named it that. Apparently that's where all that voyage's troubles started. Only about 60 kilometers north of Port Douglas, my home for a few days, I ventured up there today. It's a tropical rainforest and unique in Australia in that the rainforest goes all the way down to the beach. The road warnings, the croc warnings, the endangered species warnings, the verbal warnings about suddenly changing weather, the welcoming name of Mount Sorrow- all these meant that I had a superb day! It was slightly cloudy, but there was a breeze, hardly anyone up there. I had a good lunch, the drive was fine, and I got some pretty little coral pieces when I beachcombed. I may or may not have broken the law by beachcombing. I seriously don't know.
Welcome to Cape Trib!






1 comment:

EcoGrrl said...

Very ballsy, miz irwin...crikey! :)