Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Changes in Latitude

After Alice Springs, I took off to Sydney for my last few days Down Under. I'd seen all my must see's in Sydney at the beginning of my trip so I was able to just totally chill out- eating good food, drinking lots of coffee and wine and visiting book shops. Alas, all good things must come to an end and on December 13th I flew back to Wyoming. My flips flops were in for a rude awakening as I stepped off the plane into the windy southwest Wyoming night. Mostly it's just been cold but we even had a semi-decent snowstorm one night (coincidentally it was the same night I'd promised my two-year old niece to go to the Chipmunk movie).
I've spent the last two weeks here in SW Wyoming with my family, enjoying seeing Christmas morning through the sleepy (and somewhat confounded) eyes of my itsy bitsy nieces. But the traveling bug has already bitten and I head off tomorrow again..... my short term itinerary is as follows....

Through Jan 3d- NYC (by way of Laramie, WY) to whoop it up with two of my very good friends
Jan 4th- home!
Jan 5th through 10th- Disney World (two of my friends are running in the marathon and I've been graciously offered a spot in their room at the Waldorf Astoria....I contemplated that offer for all of 2.7 seconds)
Mid January for a week to ten days- probably western Montana (checking out the uni, a girl can't travel forever, yanno)
End of Jan- looking like I may be heading to Thailand for 30 days. Nothing set in stone yet.

That's all I got in the hopper so far.

No comments: