Tuesday, September 13, 2011

New York City: a preview?

I got into JFK at almost midnight last night. After a taxi ride that took longer than it seemed like it should have, I was in the Upper East Side, texting and buzzing my friend Gretchen to let me in.

Alas, Gretchen had to leave town on business at the ungodly hour of 6 AM. She'll be back in a few days and during that time I get to bum around town and hang out with her Golden Retriever, Bella.

Me and Bella's first venture out was just a short time ago. After waking up at noon, I figured a cup o' joe wouldn't hurt so off we went. As soon as we walked out of Gretchen's apartment building, I was noticing that there were a whole lotta men around. As Bella and I walked, two handsome guys in suits who'd crossed the street, were walking a few paces behind us. It was at this time that Bella decided to poo. And this dog doesn't just pop a squat. No, she (somehow) poops and walks. The end result being that I am left picking up sizable dog poo over a ten-foot span in front of a couple of cute guys.

Good morning, New York! (Forget that I said I woke up at noon.)

2 comments:

EcoGrrl said...

sweet dude. reminds me of when i'm talking to someone and look back to see my dog rooting cat poop out of the ground and it hanging out - true def of a 'shit eating grin'. :(

Sarah said...

Why can pets not understand our desire not to be embarrassed?? ;)